Lots of ideas: some, like the Funday/Campout/Movie Night were new and need worked on from scratch. Some, like flier and business plan, have starts but need upgrade.
We do need to divide work into committees and then recruit experienced people to take part
in attendance: Corey Ringle / Donna Speigler / Lynn Richardson / Rob Richardson/ Karen Kelsie / Jenny Austin / Linda Fleming/ Jeff Trellbig [?} / Chris Naizer / Judi Zivic/ Cookie Krizmanich/ Lucy Hanigosky / Barb Starr/ Pat Boczar
Wow. An enthusiastic group. I thought we were going to have a small tidy business meeting and plod along. Instead it was like fireworks ( but in a good way! )
after some time on introductions and bringing people up to speed on current status ( which continues to be completely uncertain) we moved into agenda which is not presented chronologically here
- Dues for 2014 were collected ( Donna kept track of $ and origin).
- We voted for FoCH to join RHS as a corporate member. We can pay them out of our funds for now to establish the membership . Pat suggested we individually add add extra money to pay for this . Discussion tabled for lack of time.
- re crowd-sourcing: Kickstarter is for businesses only – no land acquisition allowed. “GoFundMe” – no one had experience with ( Indigogo- forgot to mention)
- going around with teams to flier newsboxes was labor-intensive and not as effective as we need. can’t reach everyone/ some get lost/ black and white format not eye-catching enough
- fliers? / post cards ? / business cards? Some way to let Richfield Resident know that Crowell Hilaka exists/ The benefit to the community / WHY it should remain undeveloped and used for recreation/ what’s there
- Corey showed her C/H business cards
- Donna really recommended something (whose name I didn’t catch) like larger business card? Art Museum has them.
- A suggestion: we should all have these cards and give them to anyone we meet who was a GS in north region letting them know of the effort
- We need a short slogan that appeals to Richfield Residents
- suggestion that our logo be updated. MIll pin was suggested
- Facebook campaign – for fast circulation. question: what is message we are trying to deliver there
Good point brought up: whatever we are communicating, we need to have a business plan so that people know WHAT they are contributing to. We currently have a set of goals, but we have to have a more formal plan.
Strong suggestion that we need to be going door to door and talking to some of these affluent people. Much like a political campaign.
Corey has been in contact with Michelle Jester – a GS leader/ Richfield resident who really wanted to get her kids into camp & bring in their parents with the idea that once they see it they will love it & support it. However- GSNEO allowed one open House. They aren’t going to open the camp for hiking/ events/ etc because the entire point of their selling it is that they do not want to be responsible for it. But idea evolved :why not sponsor a Sunday/ Funday event on the Village Square? This idea rapidly took off as a camp in / family movie night – an event which has been successful elsewhere. Could be a way of getting Revere school kids involved.
Posh fund-raiser event at the Tavern- getting the Chamber of Commerce involved
Suggestion to get Jim & Laura Fry to host something at their place: Stone Farm
On the way out the door a few people got into a conversation about holding a Mardi Gras event early March
we forgot to bring up Flier distribution at Hinckley’s Buzzard Day- but that’s coming up.